The latest Overwatch patch has just hit the Live Servers.
Here are some of the biggest changes:
New Escort Map - Junkertown.
Mercy's Kit Reworked - New ultimate. Resurrect now a basic ability.
D.Va Adjustments and New Ability - Can now shoot while flying. Defense Matrix Nerf. New Micro-Missiles.
New Map: Junkertown
Originally announced at Gamescom alongside an animated short featuring Junkrat and Roadhog, "Junkertown" is the newest Escort map available to play. Junkertown is the fourth pure Escort map in Overwatch, joining Dorado, Route: 66, and Watchpoint: Gibraltar.
New Mercy Kit!
In one of the most expansive hero reworks to date, Mercy has received a number of adjustments to her kit.
Resurrect - Now a Basic Ability
Previously her ultimate, Mercy's Resurrect ability has been reworked in a number of ways. Most notably, Mercy can now only Resurrect one player at a time. The new Resurrect is now on a 30-second cooldown. Its radius has been reduced to 5 meters and it no longer grants Mercy invulnerability during use.
New Ultimate - Valkyrie
Mercy's previous ultimate, "Resurrect", has been replaced with her new one, "Valkyrie".
Activating Valkyrie acts as a mega-steroid to Mercy's entire kit.
From the official patch notes:
- Caduceus Staff: Mercy's healing and damage boosts beams now affect all allies near the targeted teammate, and the staff's effective range has been extended
- Caduceus Blaster: Now has infinite ammo and increased projectile speed
- Guardian Angel: Increased range and movement speed
- Resurrect: Cooldown in instantly reset when Valkyrie is activated and reduced to 10s after the initial cast
- Hover: Mercy gains the ability to fly freely, at increased movement speed
- Regeneration (Passive): No longer interrupted when Mercy takes damage
Missiles for D.Va!
D.Va received a few changes that shift her playstyle from less of an all-absorbing tank to more of an aggressive diver. She can now use both her primary fire and her new Micro-Missiles ability while boosting.
New Micro-Missiles Ability
D.Va received a new ability that allows her to fire a quick barrage of small rockets. She can even use her Micro Missiles while boosting or using her Fusion Cannons.
Defense Matrix Nerf
The duration of D.Va's Defense Matrix has been greatly reduced. Her meter now drains twice as fast, making improper usage far more punishing for both her and her team.
The patch also brought its usual assortment of bug fixes and UI adjustments. Read the full patch notes on Blizzard's official forum.